Tis’ the season to snuggle up with hot cocoa, treats and Netflix. I am normally OBSESSED with chocolate, but lately I have been out of control which led me to create a delicious yet guiltless cup of hot cocoa.
Sexy Hot Cocoa
-1c of unsweetened almond milk (I used chocolate, but feel free to use plain or vanilla) – 1 tbsp of unsweetened cacoa powder -1 tbsp of raw honey (or any other sweetener you desire) -1 tbsp of ground flaxseed (optional) – 1 tsp of maca powder -1 tsp of vanilla extract – pinch of Himalayan sea salt – dash of cinnamon
1. Pour almond milk into saucepan on medium heat.
2. Add cacao powder and raw honey and stir until smooth
3. Add maca powder, vanilla extract and sea salt. If thicker consistency is desired, add ground flaxseed.
4. Once everything looks smooth, remove from heat and pour into favorite mug.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon and enjoy