I woke up this morning and joined a few of my lulu friends at Better Body Bootcamp in Great Neck, NY! I’ve been there a few times before and each time it is fun and totally different. There are two locations, one in Bayside and one in Great Neck, but I have only been to the one in Great Neck (even though I live in Bayside). The coaches, Salim and Kaiser, are great. Today Kaiser was our coach and he really gave us a TOTAL BODY workout by constantly changing and working on different body parts, with a buddy and alone.
After class today, I was craving a really good smoothie for replenishment. I came back home, opened my fridge and decided to create the ahhhmazing and delicious smoothie.
-2 handfuls of organic baby kale
-2 small beets
-1 organic banana
– 1/2 c of organic shredded carrot
-1/4 c of organic frozen blueberries
– 1 tbsp of ground chia seeds and/or flaxmeal
-1c of brewed green tea or water (more depending on preference)
1. Wash all the produce and put in the blender
2. Blend all the produce, chia seed and/or flaxmeal and ice
3. After 2-3 mins, pour into a glass and enjoy with a dash of cinnamon!
It not only tastes great, but you are drinking a rainbow of health:
Green– Kale, Red– Beets , Orange– Carrots, Yellow– Banana and Purple/Blue -blueberries