So tonight is my cousin’s 25th birthday party and I’ve been trying to think of something to bring. Melissa loves wine and chocolate just like me. After debating through some options I’ve decided to make Coconut Port Truffles. It is a creation I’ve adapted from one of my ex- boyfriends and healthified it to the best I could.
Coconut Port Truffles
serving: approximately 21 balls
– 1 box of vanilla wafers (I used Country Choice Organic)
-3c of unsweetened coconut flakes (may put in food processor for smaller pieces)
– 1 can of fat-free condensed milk
-1c of oats (processed in food processed)
– 1.5 shots of Port (tawny)
-1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1. Ground vanilla wafers in the food processor
2. Pour processed vanilla wafers, unsweeteneed coconuts flakes, oats and unsweetened cocoa into large bowl
5. Now take a spoonful of the mixture, make a ball, roll it in the coconut and place on a baking sheet. You will make anywhere from 21- 30 balls depending on the size.
6. Place in freezer for 1 hour then get ready to impress everyone 🙂